March 27, 2012

Introducing LUCY

Close To My Heart started the new Spring/ Summer 2012 season with some really gorgeous papers. I had to come up with some creative ideas for my “Ink outside the Box” challenge and I have to thank Michelle for this great opportunity. I got to work with the workshop on the go kit LUCY and although it is more a girly paper, it can work for boys as well. Do to the fact that CTMH design papers are double sited you can create both ways. I will start today with some of the cards I created:

“A note for you” Card (51/2 x 41/4)
 

The background flower paper and the pink doodle paper are from the LUCY kit (G1034). The rose was stamped with StazOn and then colored in with watercolors. The beautiful rose stamp is form the new “Card Word Puzzle” (C1494) set and the phrase is from the “Just for You” (B1398) set.

Butterfly Card  (6x6)
All papers used for this card are also form the LUCY kit. The butterflies are included in the stamp set that comes with the kit. Included in the kit are also some wonderful rub-ons, one can be seen on the tag. I scored an outer line around the edges in the front. Lightly sanded it reveals the white core. Use the CTMH ruler for stitching and it looks like faux stitches. (Thanks Tresa Black for this Idea) I used some gray threat and stitched around to get this double color effect.
Happy Birthday Card (6x6)
 Again, all papers and the flower stamp come with the LUCY kit……



No comments:

Post a Comment