May 14, 2012

“Pemberley” Paper Card II


This is another one of my favorite 4x4 cards. The card base is created from a 8”x 12” piece of outdoor denim cardstock.




All papers attached to the inside and outside of the card are from the “Pemberley” paper. Each piece was distressed with outdoor denim ink before I glued them to the base
  


I used the Art Philosophy cartridge for the Cricut to cut an oval shaped element with scallops from desert sand. The oval white piece was cut the same way, but without the scalloped edge. To be able to use watercolors for shading the flower, I had to stamp the outline in permanent ink. I used a little different method here. I stamped the Pemberley flower with outdoor denim ink first, then I stamped with VersaMark ink right over the image again. I added clear embossing powder to the image and made sure the whole flower was covered. After the excess was removed I headset the powder. Now I could use the watercolors to shade the flower. Both oval elements were then glued together.
A ribbon was wrapped around the card and tied at one side. The flower element was attached over the ribbon and onto one of the triangles. Make sure you only glue part of the element onto the triangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment