May 10, 2012

“Pemberley” Paper Cards I

This is one of my favorite 4x4 cards. Quick and easy to make; good for any occasion you can think off.
The card base is created from a 4”x8” piece of outdoor denim cardstock folded in half. The honeycomb design off the “Pemberley” paper is about 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” and was distressed with outdoor denim ink.

I stitched around the desert sand cardstock with a piece of colonial white thread. The new Close to My Heart ruler makes stitching a snap…love it!
A colonial white piece of cardstock was used for the phrase. You can stamp any other phrase or saying onto the piece. I glue the two pieces together and attach the desert sand element with foam tape to the card.
The cute little butterfly comes preprinted and in white. I used a sponge dauber with Indian corn blue ink and changed the color to a nice blue tone. By adding less or more color to the butterfly you can create any shade you like. Attach the butterfly with a glue-dot to the card.
A piece of white paper is attached on the inside of the card to make it easier to write your message on.

No comments:

Post a Comment