June 15, 2012

Around a Birthday

For this card I used the 4 ½” circle card from Close To My Heart (Z1353). These great card bases come in a pack of 12 including envelopes.


A 2 ½” piece of Sweet leaf cardstock and a 2” piece of Footloose design paper was used to cover the card. Excess paper was removed by cutting around the card base. A ½” stripe of design paper was used to cover the seam.
I used the stamp set that came with the Footloose workshop kit (G1036) to stamp the turtle (Sweet leaf and Twilight ink) and the shell (Bamboo and Crème Brulee ink). I used two of the shells to create a dimensional object. One shell was glued direct to the card. The other shell was glue on top, but I only applied glue to the edges. A little pearl was placed inside.

Three buttons and the Happy Birthday signs were attached and a fun little birthday card is done………

No comments:

Post a Comment