October 20, 2012

A Word of Sympathy

Sometimes it is hard to find the right words to comfort someone. A beautiful handmade card with a wonderful phrase might just do the trick. Sadly I had to create a card like this last week. A very nice neighbor suddenly past away and some of my neighbors including us decided to give the family left behind a word of comfort in form of a card and some monetarily help.
Here is what I think turned out to be a wonderful solution:

I used one of Close To My Hearts Kraft Die-Cut Cards (6x6) as my base. I decorated the front with some paper that I had left from last season. I stamp a swirly border in chocolate ink around the paper and adhered it to the base. I placed a piece of Desert Sand, Chocolate and Bamboo card stock to the left side of the base. Each piece of card stock was cut about ¼ inch smaller than the one below. I used the small flower stamp from the Card Word Puzzle stamp set to create the background on the bamboo paper.

I had my Cricut machine cut out three sizes of the flower pattern from the Philosophy cartridge (1”, 1 ¼”, 1 ½”). They are inked at the edges and a brad is holding them together. The butterfly was also cut out and inked. I adhered it to the card with a couple of glue dots along the body of the butterfly. Pearls define the body on top and two foam dots give the wings support to stay up. I stamped the phrase on a piece of bamboo card stock and adhered it to the card as well.



I glued the ribbon to around the backside of the front piece so when the scalloped edge would close the card, the ribbon could go around it and hold it tide. The inside was simply decorated with a piece of white paper for some personal notes and another phrase.
Instead of having the dollar notes lying loose in the card, I created a little pocket on the right side of the inside. This way the notes could be neatly tucked away. Still visible, but not falling out once the card was opened.
I do like this design very much and I think it will work great on other occasions as well

No comments:

Post a Comment