October 24, 2012

Christmas Ornaments

This card base it the same one that I used for the Christmas tree card. A piece of design paper from the Pear & Partridge paper pack from Close To My Heart cut at 4” x 5 ¼” and edged with some chocolate ink. A piece of red 8 ½”x5 ½ card stock is used as the base for this card (fold to the left) and a piece of 3”x4” colonial white card stock for the sentiment.


I stamped the sentiment and the branch, which goes along the top of the colonial white piece, in chocolate ink. The stubble texture tool and olive ink was used to create the sprinkles throughout the card center. I had my Cricut machine cut out the ornaments in 1 ½” and 1 ¾” from red card stock. I stamped stars and other decorations on them with watermark ink and embossed them with white embossing powder. I used the new metallic markers from Close To My Heart to create the tops of the ornaments and for the final touch; the all got decorated with a sparkle. I placed them with foam dots on the card.


Here are some samples of the same card ides, but with different papers. I also changed the way on how I attached the ornaments. I used ribbon on one card to have the ornaments hanging from the card and in another card I used a row of pearls instead the ribbon….many many ways to alternate the card design. Have fun playing around with it and sent me a picture of it. I would love to see what you came up with…



No comments:

Post a Comment