December 30, 2012

A Christmas Page to Remember




Looking for some ideas to scrap all your Christmas pictures this year? I think I have some ideas for you. I haven't displayed many pages on my blog this year, but I will try to make this a new monthly feature for 2013. 
This is a double layout that I created for one of my card ladies that attended my Club all year long. Thank You Linda again for your hospitality and I am looking forward to an exciting new year and lots of fun with the ladies...
Well back to this wonderful 12x12 double page layout.Here is the left side of the layouts: 

I used the Close To My Heart  pear&partridge paper for the layout and some colored card stock in greens, red and cream colors. The squares are cut 3"x 3" and can be used as photo mats, journaling or just as decoration. The space above the squares is perfect for a 6"x 4" photo. A nice journaling block would also fit on the green card stock piece. 
Do you know that all design papers from Close To My Heart come with a border piece? One side is the bar-code the other is a border piece!

I used VersaMark ink to create the watermark images of the snowflakes. Some of the smaller flakes were decorated with little red rhinestones.
I used the Close To My Heart metallic marker (gold) to do the stitching around the design area. 


I stamped the tree with the masking technique three times and decorated each tree with glue glitter. One has green the other to have red glitter glue. 
Now all that was left was to cut the trees out and adhere them with some foam dots.



Now let's see how the right side is assembled:

The elements for this side are pretty much the same. I cut two 3"x 3" squares and created a 6"x 4" pace for a phone. The whole design is outlined with the gold metallic marker in a stitching pattern. The border piece form the design paper was cut to fit across both sides. I further added a strip of green card stock on the right, 12" long.
Three more 3"x 3" squares were placed along the strip. 



I stamped a phrase on the first square and decorated it with the metallic marker in gold.

The second one has a special surprise. I cut a 3"x 12" strip of cream colored card stock and scored it every three inches. I accordion folded the piece, added a piece of ribbon that would run around the folded piece and close it with a bow. I then adhered one side to the page. I decorated the inside square and the outside square of the strip with more paper. You can decorate all, some or none of the squares with another 3"x 3" paper.

Your closed package should look like this on your page. This little addition
will give you more space to place extra photos or journaling. To be able to open it without taking the page out of the page protector, cut a square, a little bit bigger than the package out of the protector. This will allow you to use this interactive element on your page.

I used snowflakes stamped in VersaMark watermark ink to decorate the right side as well.
If you need more information about how to create pages or how to cut your page protectors, please contact me...

I also plan to start a monthly workshop for page layouts. IF you are interested in joining the fun, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment