February 21, 2013

A Cardinal Birthday



The cardinal is such a wonderful bird to watch. Everyday I watch them on our bird feeder in the  back yard. Mr. and Mrs. cardinal come by every morning. His bright red colors shine even brighter against the snow.
So no wonder when I saw the "To you and yours" stamp set in the Close To My Heart Idea Book, I had to get it.

The image was stamped with black StazOn ink. I then colored the cardinal and the berries in different shades of red (watercolor pens). A watercolor brush melted the reds together.







The leaves were colored in different shades of watercolor green. I added a little red glitter glue to the berries.

The image was adhered to a piece of red card stock, just an 1/8 bigger than the image. I attached the red card stock with foam dots to the card base that was covered with a piece of patterned paper 4" x 5 1/4".

A little bow and a rhinestone on the i finishes this card.



No comments:

Post a Comment