May 14, 2013

A Birthday Dog


Once more I worked with the cute little Schnauzer stamp set "A Bowwow" (A1126) from Close To My Heart. The little guy is just to funny and makes a great third card club project...

The card base is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and the fold is on your left. I covered the lower part with a piece of design paper. The circle was punched out from cardstock. I used a regular straight "Happy Birthday" stamp from Close To My Heart. Since the stamps are clear and flexible, you can bend them around to create a circle image. I then adhered the circle to the card. The green piece of paper was stamped with the bones and adhered on top of the circle.

I stamped the Schnauzer image onto white cardstock and colored his tongue and nose. To make the color more interesting, stamp the collar image onto the design paper, cut it out and adhere it on top of the stamped white cardstock. This give is a little 3-D effect and makes the dog more interesting.
 Inside the card we stamped a funny little birthday phrase and this card is ready to be sent out...

If you like to recreate any of this months cards, please feel free to contact me. I have sets of all four available for purchase. The set comes complete with all items needed except adhesive, glue dots or foam dots. Instructions will be also included. 





No comments:

Post a Comment