September 6, 2013

Graduation Congrats

Welcome to my September Card Workshop Class. It had been a little silent here for a few week, but once in a while we all need a break. Anyway, we will start full steam ahead into fall and I hope you will join me for the ride...

I know I might be a little late for Graduation, but these cards were plan for August and I thought we still could use them.


 The finished card size is 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" but you need a 4 1/4" by 9 3/4 " piece of black cardstock to create the base. For information on how to create the base, please contact me.

You will also need a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of design paper, 3 3/4"x 3" and 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" pieces of white cardstock. 
The design paper is adhered to the base of the card and the bigger piece of white cardstock is attached in the center. If you like to use this card as a money gift, attached the white piece only on the sides and the bottom. This will create a little pocket for  you to place any money gift. Make sure the money is peeking out at the top.



The tassel on the hat was created from a piece of ribbon and a brad. Finish the tassel and secure it with a brad in the center of the hat. Make sure you do this before you adhere the smaller piece of cardstock with the owl stamped on it to the inside. This way the back of the brad will not show. 

I used alcohol markers to color in the little owl. A small graduation hat was stamped, cut out and attached with a glue dot.

I stamped the ribbon with gray ink and cut it out. The congrats tag was attached to the paper ribbon.








To make sure the card hat stays closed, I placed foam dots under the ribbon, closed the card and attached the ribbon on the bottom of the card. The tag will hold the card closed. Make sure you don't adhere it to high, otherwise you will have a hard time opening the card.

Stay tuned for more cards. If you have question, like instructions or even like to purchase a set of this card, please feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment