September 12, 2013

Strawberry Card

There is nothing better than fresh picked strawberries, don't you think? I love them and when I saw a similar card from Pauline, I couldn't resist to make one of my own...well and for the rest of you.


The base of the card is simple but pretty. I used a white 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base, followed by a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" piece of red cardstock and an embossed piece of 3 3/4" x 5" white cardstock. Instead of the embossed part, you could also stamp flourishes etc or leave it just plain white.


Now comes the fun part. Can you guess how these strawberries are made? Look closer... still no idea? How about if I tell you, you need two red hearts, one green flower, a three green branches with leaves, a couple of white cardstock flowers and some hemp.  

For the strawberries, you can either run the hearts through an embossing machine (dot design) or use a white pen to create the little dots.

I used two different green flowers for the stamps. I cut each one in half and adhered them with glue dots to the hearts. 



All white flowers got colored in the middle with some yellow and a couple of little green dots. You might want to bend them a little to give the flowers more natural looks.

Now all you have to do is arrange everything on your card and the strawberry surprise is done. Make sure you adhere some items with foam dots and others with glue dots. These little lifts make the whole artwork come to life.

For more information, please feel free to contact me.... Stay tuned for more workshop cards...oh and if you like to purchase a set to recreate at home, let me know. The whole set will come pre-cut, stamped etc all you need is glue, glue dots, foam dots and scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment