October 30, 2013

A little Acorn surprise

The last project in for our October Class I is a little acorn surprise.


The acorn body was cut out with the Cricut, using the Close To My Heart cartridge "Artiste". I cut it out of Cocoa cardstock. The two leafs are also cut out with the same cartridge, but this time I used Goldrush cardstock.


 The body of the acorn was scored and folded according to the fold lines and glued together on one side. To close the acorn I used a piece of hemp string. I put a knot on one end and started to string it through each hole on the top. Slowly the acorn will close. Now is the time to place a little goodie in it or you can leave it empty.  

 I embellished the leafs with some ink. I bring out the golden color I used a sponge dauber to add barn red ink to the edges of the leaf and olive green to the stem  Add as much color as you like. Once the leafs are ready, you can finish the acorn.


Take the body of your acorn and string the hemp through the little hole in the middle of the leaf. Tie a knot as close to the leave as you can. Make sure the acorn is nicely closed and all ends overlap on top, forming a shutter like in your camera. I curled up the hemp and ready is your little acorn surprise. As I mentioned, these can be used with little goodies, for decorations, place settings etc. 

The Artiste Cartridge offers many more of these little boxes, as well as big boxes and other wonderful items. Want to know more about this cartridge and the other two exclusive to Close To My Heart? Well, sent me an email with your questions or check out my website for more information.




No comments:

Post a Comment