October 26, 2013

Back on Track again

Finally I am back on track again. You may wonder where I have been in the last few weeks. Well, let me tell you…

First of all, my parents have been visiting us for three weeks and as you can imagine, I took time off to be with them. Since we don’t see each other that often during the year I have to enjoy every minute I have them around. We took a nice long week trip. We drove through more than 9 states, visited the “Blue Smoky National Park”, many beautiful little towns on the way, spend a wonderful day in Savannah and finally enjoyed the beautiful Charleston, SC. 


What a wonderful town this is. Beautiful houses, super warm weather, an impressing and eye opening tour on the air carrier Yorktown and a wonderful time with my husband and my mom and dad. Our rental car show a whopping 2500 miles more at the end of the trip, but it was worth it.



My parents are back home in Germany for about two weeks now and I have been busy getting craft shows, crops and my Card making Classes prepared. Last weekend I attended a craft show at the “Church of the Holy Spirit” in Highland. Many wonderful crafter's attended the first craft show at this location. We had plenty of visitors on both days and I like to thank all of you for your wonderful compliments. It was a pleasure to be part of this show and to meet so many interesting people, for example:

Scott, who despite being challenged with down syndrome, creates some marvelous necklaces and bracelets. He uses handmade paper beads and regular beads. Let me tell you, he has an excellent eye for the best combinations of colors and textures. Keep up this wonderful work Scott and I love my green necklace J ….
James Greene was another incredible artisan that I met that day. His woodwork is outstanding. He had many objects for sale that day, including tables, cutting boards, napkin rings and so much more. The most impressive item was the wood flooring he had done inside the church. Check out their website and see for yourself. Excellent craftsmanship…

So what’s coming up in the next few weeks…let me tell you, a lot!

In the next few post you will see the Autumn cards we made during our last class. These will be followed by more Thanksgiving cards for the second class of this month.

Starting November you will get to see some different projects. I am going to attend the Craft Crop of the Murphy Elementary School in Metamora on Nov 9th. (Due to a schedule issue with the venue, this Crop is canceled for Nov 9th. It will be rescheduled on a later date, please keep checking back for updates!)

I will have two different page and card-making kits that I created for this event for sale online. Each page kit will create a two page layout. One kit will have Christmas as the topic and the other one will be Winter Wonderland. Each kit will have some special surprise on how to get more pictures on two pages…don’t miss them.
The card kits will both have Christmas designs and each kit will make 4 cards. Stay tuned for more information.

More cards from our monthly card class will be coming up soon to as well as my second Craft Show. Come and see me at the “St. Mary, Our Lady of the Snows” Craft Show on November 16th from 9am-3pm in Milford, MI. Lots of cards, page kits, 3-D items and so much more or just have a chat, I would love to see you!

Well, it looks like I am going to be super busy and you will be able to enjoy a lot of ideas and items in the upcoming weeks. So, come back frequently and check out all the new things.

Happy Halloween
   


No comments:

Post a Comment