October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween



Happy Halloween to everyone and I hope you had lot's of fun during Trick or Treat. We sure had a lot of little people coming by our house tonight and it was so much fun seeing them in there costumes. As every year we were giving away little Play-Doh containers (for the little once) and candy for everyone naturally. But let me tell you, Play-Doh is the hit every year...

Appropriate for the day, our second October Card Class started with a Halloween Card.

It is a 5"x5" card base that had a rounded front. I adhered a dark purple piece of cardstock to it (I know it looks alomst blue, but it is purple!). I then opened the card and cut away the paper that was sticking out above the rounded edge.

The spider net is cut out by hand <grin> just kidding... I cut the net out with my Cricut and the Close To My Heart cartridge Philosophy. A little bit of glitter applied with a glitter pen makes the card sparkle.
  
The spider was also cut out with the Close to My Heart Cartridge. I placed two green bubble rhinestones as eyes on the head. I then covered the whole spider in glue and sprinkled a thick layer of black flock over it. A little bit of drying time and a good shake and your fussy spider is done...creepy isn't it?
 Finally the letters were also cut out with the same cartridge. I made the look a little bit more spooky by using a black pen and blackening the edges.



 HAPPY HALLOWEEN ....


No comments:

Post a Comment