October 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

This is the third card we made in our October Card Class I. A wonderful combination of colors, techniques and individual touches. The card starts with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base. I added a piece of Cocoa cardstock about 1/4" shorter than the base. I ran a piece of Champagne cardstock from Close To My Heart through my embossing machine. I nice deep impression of leafs and pumpkins was the result. Pretty, but still something was missing.


I went ahead and used my sponge daubers to "color" the paper in. Well, coloring is not quite correct. I first started out very lightly and then added more color if I needed it. I daubed on to the paper, I swished over the paper, just lightly. Slowly the embossing came to live. If there were spots to bare, I used a little ink to brighten it up.


 I used Olive and Autumn Terracotta ink (CTMH) to color the items in. The nice thing is, you don't have to be super exact with the colors. I used the champagne cardstock since it works very well with these colors. A white background would had been a to harsh of a contrast. Put as much or a little on it, just how you like it. A little tag with "Thanksgiving" on it finishes this card.







No comments:

Post a Comment