A little behind schedule, but this card is from our January Class and I hope you will enjoy this simple but wonderful card.
- 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base from Colonial White cardstock with envelope
- 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Barn Red cardstock
- Two 1/2" x 5 1/2" pieces of Barn Red cardstock
- Two 1/2" x 4 1/4" pieces of Barn Red cardstock
- Approx. 4" branch including leaves
- 5 little pink flowers
- 5 little pearls
- Close To My Heart Stamp "Geometric Backgrounds" (D1559), Barn Red ink pad, adhesive runner, glue dots and foam dots
I embossed the card base with a beautiful cherry blossom design. Since the embossing weakens the card base a little, I decided to adhere a piece of cardstock to the inside front of the card.
Use some good glue, like the Bonding Memory Pen or a strong tape adhesive.
Stamp the design on all four of the 1/2" pieces of cardstock and let dry. Attached the two longer once along the long sides of the card base with foam dots. They run flush with the base.
Now adhere the two smaller pieces accordingly, make sure they overlap the longer pieces in each corner.
The branch and leaves are cut out with the Cricut machine and our Close To My Heart "Artiste" cartridge. I adhere the leaves with a glue pen. The branch was attached with glue dots to the card.
I punched the flowers with a small flower punch and gave them a little dimension with a stylus. They were adhere with glue dots as well and decorated with little pearls.
You can stamp a sentiment on the inside of your card or leave it blank.
For questions or if you like to purchase the class kit/ cards, please feel free to contact me.
... stay tuned for one more January Bonbon ...