The pieces used here are the same as mentioned in the first card (Happy Birthday with Alium Flowers). The arrangement is a little bit different due to the shape of the flowers.
In this detailed look you can see that I cut the flowers by leaving a little rim around everything. The background of the original paper was a light green. This makes the flowers and leave pop out a little more. I did cut in between leave, but not everywhere.
Using your craft knife takes a little practice. If you have never tried it before, make sure to follow these little tips:
- have a self-healing cutting mat to protect your surface
- your craft knife should have a nice sharp blade in it
- practice on a piece of scrap paper first
- hold your knife steady and carefully cut along the object
- turn your paper often so cutting along sides will be comfortable for you
It will not be easy at first, but practice will make it easier over time.
Look out for more flowers ....