June 11, 2014

Thanks...you are the best


Get out your inks and lets stamp a bit...That was the motto of our June Card Workshop Class this month. Thanks...You are the Best uses just a little of the Skylark paper pack from Close To My Heart.

 For the card base I used the colonial white cardstock measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". The colonial white has just a hint of cream color. It is not bright white like the daisy white from Close To My Heart. I love to use it with the kraft cardstock or any other more warmer tones.
I cut out a giant tag with the Cricut Cartridge "Art Philosophy" from Close To My Heart.


Now to the ink part: I used Desert Ink, Honey Ink and Creme Brullee ink from Close To My Heart. I also used the stamp set "Happy Autumn" (D1550) for the flowers. 
First I took the stump part and inked it up with desert ink. I stamped it twice on the tag, just about an 1" from the bottom of the tag. I then used one of the single leafs and inked them up in desert ink. I stamped the first time on a piece of scrap paper and then the second image on the tag. This will give you a more faded image, almost like a two tone. Now I used the small flower part inked in honey ink right above the stump. The bigger flower part was inked in creme brullee and added right above the first one.


The tag is just a bit smaller than the card size and is cut out of kraft cardstock that came with the Skylark paper pack. The "thanks...you are the best" tag was cut out the same way as the tag. I edged it with some chocolate ink and stamped the saying on to it also in chocolate ink. I placed it with foam dots on the tag as shown here.


The flowers were also cut with the same cartridge and Cricut machine. The stamped used for the flower is a three step set. First I stamped the base of the flower in Buttercup ink. I then used chocolate ink to stamp the outline design of the flower and finally the little dot in the middle. To create a more 3-D look I worked both flowers with a big stylus. I then adhered them in an offset way together and placed a brown pearl in the middle. Finally adhere the flower to the card with a foam dot. Place the brown ribbon knot on the top and this card is done.

If you would like to know more about the techniques used or how to get these cards to create at home...please contact me...


















No comments:

Post a Comment