August 22, 2014

Lip Gloss in a Box

I have attended many craft shows last year and one experience I had was that many of the shoppers loved the cute little boxes I made, but they didn't know what to use them for. Well, chocolate is always a good idea, but that would be your typical first choice. 

I thought I have to come up with a few different ideas and here is one of them:

I found a set of mini Lip Glosses from BareMinerals. Not only are those great lip glosses, but they also came in some great colors. What a perfect idea for a "Ladies Day Out" event I thought and oh, was I spot on. They were a hit. The packaging and the small size of the gloss, perfect...

I created the pillow case box from the Close To My Heart "Art Philosophy" cartridge. To make sure my customers could see the color of the lip gloss I cut a window in the top with my craft knife. 
To make sure the lip gloss is not moving around in the box I placed a strip of paper on the inside that is holding the gloss in place.

I cut two swirl embellishments with the Cricut from the same Close To My Heart cartridge "Art Philosophy" and adhered them with glue dots to one side of the box.
The rose was also cut from the same cartridge. After I rolled the flower together and adhered it with a glue dot to the box, I bend the edges of some of the flower pedals to give it a more natural look.

Stay tuned for more flower sample in the next post....

Do you like to buy some of the boxes or would like to join me for a class on how to make these and embellish these little gifts, well...please contact me for more details, dates and costs

No comments:

Post a Comment