February 13, 2015

Birthday Card with Pocket

Even so the sun is shining and the snow is shimmering outside, you don't want to go out side. Welcome to winter in Michigan... It is so cold and the wind makes it even worse. I had to pick up a few things in the store, but I am not going out there anymore. According to the weather forecast, more cold and windy weather ahead...brrrr

So what does our winter weather here has to do with our card you ask? 
Well, this is the first project of this months card class and we all needed some spring colors. I used the Close to My Heart paper pack "Brushed" (X7190B). I love the vibrant colors of this pack, just like spring flowers. Some pink shimmer trim (Z1986) and flower brad and just the right amount of card stock round up this card.
To create the pocked, we trimmed part of the front card panel off. Adhere the left over flap on the bottom and side to create a pocket. For the insert we used a piece of cardstock and the cut out piece from the card as our greeting...

Are you in need of some spring colors? Join me in one of my classes and learn how to create these cards. Like you own set to work at home? Contact me for more details

.... stay tuned

















No comments:

Post a Comment