March 25, 2015

Easter Egg Card - Cricut Card


This is one of my personal favorite Easter cards we make in class. Maybe that's why we made another version of it this year... ;-)

How can you not resist? Well, this time I put my Cricut once more to work. The Close to My Heart "Artfully Sent" cartridge (Z3017) has so many great card bases. If you don't own the cartridge yet, make sure to check it out. Three awesome stamp sets come along with the purchase of this cartridge....

But back to the Easter egg... The Cricut cut the base out for me, including the scoring. All you have to do is fold it along the score line. The base is cut in Colonial White cardstock. I also cut the top layer in the new Canary yellow. The layer is slightly larger than the base and you can adhere it directly to the base or lift it up with some foam squares. I adhered it directly so the card would not be too bulky for sending in the mail.

Easter eggs and grass has also been cut with the Cricut machine, but these elements came from the "Art Philosophy" Collection (Z1686). Another Close to My Heart exclusive Cricut cartridge.

The bunny is an older stamp I love to use for this type of card. Colored in with watercolor pencils (3505) and adhered to a brown cardstock mat. I glued the grass on first, but I ran the glue just at the bottom of the grass strips. By doing so I was able to tuck the bunny and eggs behind the grass. Make sure to raise one or two eggs, as well as the phrase banner up with foam squares.


A piece of ribbon folded into a bow is the finishing touch to this card.


If you are interested to by any of my cards shown here on the blog, please contact me. I also offer class kits for you to work at home. (instructions and pictures included)

But the easiest way to learn how to create these cards is to join one of my card classes. For private classes or upcoming classes please contact me....stay tuned for more 






No comments:

Post a Comment