May 13, 2015

A Mother's Day Card

Here is card number 2 from our April card making class. Can you tell that this wonderful stamp set is one of my favorites from the new Idea Book?

The stamp set is called "A little Note" (A1171) from Close to My Heart. 

I used a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Creme Brulee cardstock, which is scored at 2 1/8" & 6 3/8". You also need two pieces of kraft cardstock. One square of 3 1/4" and one piece measuring 4" x 5 1/4". 
I cut the two pieces of colonial white cardstock for the front about 1/4" and the inside 1" smaller than the matching kraft pieces.



I stamped the flower image on the 3" square and adhered it to the kraft cardstock. I colored the flower stems in with a green coloring pencil. I used a small flower punch to cut out 6 little yellow flowers. Four are adhered to the front piece on top and two on the inside. Each is decorated with a little rhinestone "Bitty Sparkles" (Z1263).

The inside panel was stamped with a partial of the flower image, but decorate like the front.
The front panel is adhered in the center of the card, but with adhesive only on the left half of the panel. This way the card stays close and can easily be opened.

The phrase and flower images were all stamped in Cocoa Ink...











No comments:

Post a Comment