July 1, 2015

Strawberry Birthday Card


Close to My Heart had this cute paper pack last month, that I had to buy. So fruity, colorful ... simply calling for summer.

I thought these strawberries are perfect for a birthday card, so let's see how this one is made:

This 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" daisy white card base is folded on the top. I used the Close to My Heart embossing folder "Quatrefoil" (Z1926) to run two strips of daisy white cardstock through my Sizzix/ Cuttlebug machine. Each strip measures 1" x 5 1/2". I adhered each strip to the left and right side of the card base front.




The strawberry paper measures 3" x 5 1/2". I used one piece of ribbon and placed it at the lower end of the strawberry paper. Both ends were adhered with glue dots to the backside. A second strip of ribbon was placed underneath the first one and tied into a knot. Move knot to the desired position and cut excess off. In case the ribbon is a bit loose upfront, place a glue dot underneath to secure it to the strawberry paper.

Now place foam dots onto the back of the strawberry paper and center it on the card front. The embossed paper strips should be seen evenly on both sides.  

I stamped a Happy Birthday phrase onto a piece of white daisy paper and cut triangle at one end. Now place piece with foam dots onto a piece of New England Ivy cardstock and cut a corresponding triangle into this one as well. 
Adhere to card either direct or with foam dots.

Sprinkle a few rhinestones on the front and stamp a few strawberries inside the card for decoration.

Well, this was the first of our four cards we made in our June card class workshop. If you like to join my workshops, or if you are interested in creating pages or other home decor items, please feel free to contact me.

All cards and pages seen on this blog can also be order. Let me know if you would like to purchase one...

No comments:

Post a Comment