October 21, 2015

A Butterfly sympathy card

Here is card no# 2 from the September card making classes. Sorry that these pictures are a bit dark, but I didn't realized the sun was behind a cloud when I took those.

I used a regular daisy white cardbase. Further I used two strips about 3/4" wide from smokey plum cardstock and another piece of daisy white cardstock about 3 1/4" wide.

This card is stamped in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation stamping technique. In what? you might ask...

... I used smokey plum ink and inked my water-brush stroke stamp up very very good. You need a nice layer of ink.


Then all you have to do is stamp it on the white piece of cardstock, lift the stamp and stamp right underneath the first image without re-inking and you do the same procedure one more time. Your stamped image gets lighter each time you stamp which creates this wonderful effect. Let the ink completely dry so the real color will show.

In the meantime, edge around the two smokey plum cardstock strips and adhere them on the right and left side of your card.

Next you use the second flower bundle that comes with the Close to My Heart stamp of the month set "Paper garden". I stamped this flower image in slate (a darker grey) right above the three strips I did earlier.

Stamp you phrase with black ink onto the white piece in the lower right corner.
The cute butterfly is from one of our Close to My Heart exclusive Cricut cartridges. I adhered it with some liquid adhesive just along the body part of the butterfly. This way you can bend the wings up a bit. A thin silver wire piece is wrapped around the front and a few silver/black sequins from the Sequins Silver Assortment (Z2013) finish the front up.
Place a few foam dots on the back and adhere the piece in the center of your cardbase. The piece if flush with the top and bottom and will reveal the smokey plum cardstock on each side.

Don't forget to place an extra set of flowers on the outside of your envelope!

If you are interested in this or any other cards seen here on the blog, please feel free to contact me
You can also learn how to make your own cards by joining one of my card classes. Just come and try one class and see how much fun it is....Contact me for dates and times.

Stay tuned for more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment