January 22, 2016

Emboss Resist ~ with Stamps

Well, here is another spin on the emboss resist technique. This time I used a stamp set instead of the stencil. I thought these cute dots make for a nice backdrop, what do you think?

The embossing technique is pretty much the same described in last Fridays post. Instead of the stencil I inked my stamp up with the Watermark ink. Nice and sticky...


I stamped the image on some water color pieces (5 1/4" x 4") and placed the clear WOW embossing powder over it. I would have loved to do this one with white embossing powder, but as I mentioned before, I was out of it...OPS

After heating the powder and melting it, I grabbed my colors and started the backgrounds. The blue backdrop is made from three different blues form the ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Marker. I randomly placed spots of color on the paper and sprayed the piece down with water. Every color starts to move and blend. I let it sit and dry. I stamped my phrase on a some vellum and embossed it as well. The base of my card is covered with a piece of black cardstock about 1/4" smaller than the base. Next the watercolor piece also 1/4" smaller than the black. I wrapped the vellum around the piece before I adhered it to the black cardstock. A few butterflies and some sequins and this card is finished. 

Oh and don't forget to decorate the inside too.





For the orange card I used the same Distress Inks like I did in the "Happy Birthday" one from this series. A sponge, some red, orange and yellow distress ink and lots of blending made this background.

My base is a quarter card with the fold to the left. I folded the front panel in half with the new fold to the right.

I cut my watercolor piece in half and reduced it by about 1/4". I stacked a piece of black cardstock, silver shimmer paper and the watercolor paper on top of each other. Each piece being about 1/8" than the previous one.

I placed the doted part on the left side of my card and stamped the cute shopping lady on the right side.

A few rhinestones and this card is almost done.I stamped my phrase on some white cardstock before I used my 2" circle punch to cut it out. One more punch from black cardstock and both pieces are placed together with foam dots, slightly off set. I adhered the circle halfway onto the front so it wouldn't cover up the girl.

Two more cards with some fun embossing.
If you like to know more about this technique or if you would like to test is for yourself, please let me know and stay tuned for more to come... 


No comments:

Post a Comment