February 19, 2016

Old-timer Car with a Modern Twist

Why are masculine cards always so difficult to design you ask? Honestly? I don't know. 
Maybe it's because we can't use the usual bling embellishments or glitter. Flowers don't really work either...So what would work for a masculine card? I think color wise I would pick black, browns, greens, blues or reds. Graphic designs are great as design elements too. Cars, tools and sport items are perfect addition to those cards as well.


I love this old timer stamp I own. I make it more interesting I simply stamped it twice. One in a pacific blue and second in lagoon ink. I cut them out and used three parts of the lagoon image while I left the blue one intact. I added the parts with foam dots to the blue image.

The frame was stamped in white ink on black cardstock. The inside was cut with a craft knife and decorated with some rhinestones. 

The graphic background is a two step stencil technique. I placed my bubble stencil on a piece of Desert Sand Close to My Heart cardstock. Make sure to secure the paper and the stencil. I used a sponge dauber to apply the white ink on the stencil. Let it dry overnight! 
The next day I placed the stencil back on the white design and moved it over just a bit. Now secure the stencil again and apply a layer of blue ink on top of the white. Remove the stencil and you are left with a 3-D background. Since we moved the stencil just a bit of the original white image we created, you can see small white outlines along the blue. Make sure to always clean your stencil with warm water and a little bit of soap in between applications.

To finish the card, place you new created background on a piece of blue cardstock. Raise the frame and the car with foam dots of the background. Add a "Happy Birthday" sentiment and decorate the inside and the envelope and your card is done. Leave a comment and let me know what kind of masculine cards you create or what you think about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment