March 30, 2016

Easter Bunny Card



This is the third card we created in this months class and it could be an Easter card, but it also makes a super cute birthday card. Don't you think? I have seen this design so many times online which makes it hard to give the person who came up with this idea credit. Thank you for this inspiration!


The front of the card shows the cute bunny butt stuck in the tree hole. I decided to adhere a piece of kraft cardstock stamped with a woodgrain stamp to the front and back of the card. The piece measures 4" x 5 1/4" centered and adhered. I used a 2 1/2" circle punch to make the hole in the front. I used the same punch to cut out a chocolate brown circle for the inside. This circle lines up with the hole upfront.



















For all other parts of the bunny and the flowers and greens I used my Cricut machine and my Close to My Heart cartridges. The bunny is assembled from circles, ovals and a heart shaped image. I used pink cardstock sponged with Cotton Candy to create the bottom of his feet and the inside of his ears. I sponged the eyes with some Glacier ink and added the little whiskers by using my journaling pen. It is hard to describe in detail here how to place the pieces and how and where to adhere them, but if you like to make this card, please let me know. You can order kits or come and make it yourself :-) 

The green is a long strip that I cut in thirds. I decorated each flower with a little pink rhinestone and this cute card is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment