April 27, 2016

"La Vie En Rose" - Anniversary Card

Here are few more pictures of the other shaker card I made for this months blog hop. If you have missed the hop, click HERE to check it out and leave a comment. It is not too late to enter for some really nice prices.

This card started out as a piece of white cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I die-cut the bigger and smaller heart with my "Little-B" heart shaped die-cut set. Looking a little blank, I added some embossing lines. All you need is a score board or your paper trimmer to create the diagonal lines. When you use your trimmer, simply remove your blade, place the paper over the cutting channel and use a stylus or a bone folder and line it up with the cutting channel. Make sure to apply some pressure, but not too much so you cut the paper. Follow the channel. If your lines is not deep enough, go over it again and press a little harder. Spacing between the lines is totally up to you!


Next I found this gorgeous design paper from Close to My Heart...roses! The paper pack is called "La Vie En Rose" (X7201B) and it contains beside this marvelous rose design some really need black and white designs. So, I cut a piece of the rose paper that fitted right behind both hearts. I also used the backside of the paper and placed two strips on the bottom and top of my card base front. I cut the bottom of my white cardstock piece by about 1" to have the black paper show on both ends. 

The shaker portion is created as described in this post....click HERE!

I added a "Happy" cut out a stamped "Anniversary" word and a little bow to the card and my Anniversary with roses is done.

If you have questions or like to join one of my monthly classes or simply like to learn one specific technique, please feel free to email me.

Stay tuned for more....







No comments:

Post a Comment