April 13, 2016

"Safari Ballet" - Giraffe Birthday Card

If you haven't seen this wonderful stamp set yet, you have to check it out. The "Safari Ballet" (A1180) stamp set from Close to My Heart is one of my favorite ones. It is one of the smaller sets, but so versatile and "tu tu cute" :-)

This months "Year of Techniques" blog hop theme are shaker cards and they were so much fun to create that I had to do one with this stamp set! Well, actually I made two from the set, couldn't miss out on the hippo could I?

Shaker cards can be a bit intimidating at the beginning, but when you follow a few little rules and star with a more simpler shape, you will see how easy they are....and addicting too!

I created a blog post on the "how to" portion of the shaker card which you can check out HERE...

So for this card you only need a few items:

- card base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half
- design paper 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- cardstock 4" x 5 1/4"
- piece of acetate/ plastic to cover the cut out star
- embellishments ...here my stamped, colored and cut out giraffe, a die-cut happy, a stamped birthday phrase and some rhinestones
- for the shaker filling I used sequins of different size and color and tiny glass beads

I used a star die and my die-cutting machine to create the cut out for the shaker part.

Products used:

Close to My Heart
Card base, hollyhock cardstock, Cricut cut-out "happy", stamp sets "Safari Ballet" (A1180) and "Happy to be Friends" (C1605), black ink and rhinestones

none CTMH products: design paper, sequins, beads and markers used for coloring

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me. If you like a schedule of my upcoming classes or like to sign up for one, please email me for more information. All cards and other crafted products shown on the blog are available for purchase....stay tuned for more to come 



No comments:

Post a Comment