May 25, 2016

Butterfly and Rose Overlay

I am a little behind with our monthly class project presentation, but since we will be on summer break soon, I am sure I will catch up.

Here is one of the cards we made in April and with the help of my awesome Cricut Explore... You didn't think we cut the butterflies and the roses by hand?

This card started with a piece of white cardstock cut a bit smaller than our base. We used the new Close to My Heart "Peacock" ink and a background stamp that looks like a watercolor image.

Next came the hard part...programming my Cricut LOL


First I picked the rose overlay from our Close to My Heart exclusive cartridges and one of the many butterflies that come with the cartridges. I made sure we had a butterfly that had a solid background and a lacy overlay. The butterfly was cut from two different shades of buttercream/ peach!

I placed the green rose overlay with foam dots to the stamped background. This gives it just a little bit more dimension. 
I then adhered the butterfly on top of the overlay. The laced butterfly was placed with two glue dots, located at the body of the butterfly on top of the solid one.

You can adhere the stamped background flat to your card base or you can use foam dots for more dimension. Perk up the wings of your butterfly and place a little banner with a phrase in the lower left corner....

Simple but pretty and a layout for many occasions.

Stay tuned for more....and if you wish to order a card or if you are interested to check out one of my classes, please let me know. You can contact me via Email just click HERE...
or leave a comment below!






No comments:

Post a Comment