May 20, 2016

Frozen - Elsa and Anne - Page Layout

This is the last of the six layouts I made for customers during the Davisburg Spring crop in March. 

I had the characters done during another crop I had attended, since they need some time to adhere together. Many layers and tiny part and this takes a little time to finish.

My last layout for this set was inspired by Elsa and Anna. Do to the cutting function "mirror" on the Cricut Explore, I was able to create my characters for left and right pages. 

I picked a medium blue cardstock for the background. 
The light blue cardstock was cut down to a 10"x10" piece. When I adhered the light blue to the dark, I made sure the distances between top and bottom are the same. I placed the left piece a bit closer to the left side and the right closer to the right side. When you look at the pages right next to each other, the left, middle(both pages) and right space is equal. Hard to describe, hope it makes sense :-)

This time I used a third blue and peacock cardstock as my photo mats. I place an extra white cardstock piece on top with rounded corners. My snowflakes are added with foam dots to the page. I only place the foam in the middle of each flake, this way it is easier to tuck the pictured underneath. 

Both characters are raised with foam dot's as well since this makes them stand out from the rest just a bit.

All flakes are decorated with blue or clear rhinestones. This is a more simple design, but with all of these, you want to emphasize the wonderful characters and at the same time let your photos shine. Sometimes less is more ;) 

I did think about adding faux stitching with a white pen around the pages and maybe some doodling on the photo mats, but time was running out. You could add this to it, but I think the layout looks fine as it is.

If you missed the other five layouts from the past Fridays, click on the "Frozen" Label on the right and check them out. I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment or email me.

Come join me for a fun class on how to make your own layout matching your photos. Or, if you like to buy a layout, contact me with your wishes and for more information. Stay tuned for more layout to come....see whats new next Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment