June 22, 2016

Birthday Cake Side Step Card

Here are a few more pictures of the side-step-cards I made for this months blog hop.

I use the Close to My Heart stamp of the month from May which included the birthday cake, stand and candles. 

The instructions on how to make the side-step-card base can be found on previous posts ...or click HERE!

The base color is white and I added some blue plait design paper that I had leftover in my stack. You don't really need a of paper. Each step is covered and the big panel on the left.

I mounted a piece of yellow cardstock under my phrase piece. 

The cake is stamped in three parts. First the cake stand, simple in black on white cardstock. The two cake pieces were stamped once on white and once on yellow cardstock. 

In this version I cut the middle strip and the top icing part from the white cardstock image and adhered it to the yellow. For the top cake I did the same, I cut from the white stamped image the top with the scalloped edge and the little bottom piece. A few white pearls for decoration and three candles finishing the cake.

When you adhere the pieces to your steps start with the top cake piece. Place a strong adhesive only on the bottom of the cake piece and place on the top of the last step.
Fold your card flat and check how far you have to adhere the bottom cake piece to the middle step.
Last adhere the cake stand. Adhere it so the stand is flush with the top of the front step.

If you need more information or instruction or if you like to learn how to make these and other cards....email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment