June 29, 2016

My Favorite Golfer - Side Step Card

Ok, by now you might have figured out that this guy is one of my favorite characters to use ....LOL

Not only is it so much fun to color him, but he is so versatile too. In the original set, he holds the club, but I had to do something different with him this time!


This card is the last card I created for this months blog hop. 


Instead of having the steps on the left or right side, I made them go along both sides. Now came the hard part. How do I decorate them? I alternated the stamp just a little. I stamped my friend and colored him with watercolor pencils. 
Next I cut him out, but cutting the club off. I used a piece of white cardstock and colored the sky and a little green on it. The golfer then was placed with foam dots to the card. I make sure he was not floating in midair, I used a fine brush and added some grass around his feet. Voila, the middle part was done!

Now to the sides. I make the card appear more like a golf course, I added the two panels to the back step. I found a street sign stamp that I inked up only partial and stamped it on the right panel. I colored the hole around its base and added the number, the green and the sky. For the other side I decided to simply add the green and sky. I added the tall grass with my brush and some watercolor.


The middle steps were cut shorter than the back once. I stamped the club part again and since the club was a bit short, I added a little extra to the shaft (free style). I cut the club out, added some grass and adhered the club with a foam dot to the background. On the other side I  created the same background. Can you see how the ball was made?  I stamped the club again and cut the shaft off....golf ball is done. On it went with another foam dot and this card is done....


.... almost! The was stamped on white and added to a piece of green cardstock. I cut the sides and curved it over my bone-folder. I make sure it stays curved, I added one foam dot on one side and doubled them on the other side.


Interested in making a card like this yourself? Would you like to learn how to watercolor simple and easy? Contact me for more information... 




No comments:

Post a Comment