June 8, 2016

Sympathy Card with Rose Cut-Outs

Sadly we always need Sympathy cards in life and here is a simply but caring one to share.

I cut my card base at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored it at 5 1/2". The oval was cut on my Cricut, but you can use a big oval die as well and run it through your die-cutting machine.

The red rose overlay was cut from my Close to My Heart exclusive Cricut cartridge. I cut a matching design paper for the inside measuring 4" x 5 1/4" and adhered it in the center of the inside. To make sure your stamped phrase is positioned perfectly inside the oval and above the roses I used the following method:

Close the card and place the rose overlay on the side where you later want to adhere it to. Ink up your phrase and stamp directly through the oval opening. This way the phrase will be see even so the card is not opened. 

Now adhere the rose overlay to the side. Make sure to place adhesive only on to the areas that will adhere to the base front, otherwise you will glue your card shut. Stamp a few leave next to the overlay.







I added two small stripes of black cardstock to the front of the card and decorated it with a few pearls. 


More cards are coming ....




No comments:

Post a Comment