December 23, 2016

Christmas Card in Red

Here is a wonderful example of a simple but so versatile stamp set. This set is called "Perfectly pine" (A1191) from Close to My Heart and I used it a lot this season. If you are interested in this set, make sure to order it before Dec 31st, otherwise it will be gone!



Now back to the project:
I started this card with a white card base and a piece of red cardstock about 1/8" smaller on each side than the base.

I used a piece of grey cardstock for my stamping. First I stamped the pine branches in white pigment ink onto the grey. I stamped around two edges of the rectangle and let it dry overnight. I also stamped a few snowflakes in second generation stamping over the entire piece.

After everything is dry (the white ink needs to be super dry otherwise your second color will smear) I took my "New England Ivy Ink" and stamped the branches on top of the white, slightly offset of the white one.
You want to offset the second color so the white shows through and it looks like there is snow on the branches and needles.

To enhance the impression of snow, I used a white gel pen and added a few strokes on the selected branch parts and needles.

I die-cut the ornament out of red metallic paper and added a little piece of silver thread to the top. I adhered the threat on the back with some tap and adhered the grey cardstock to the center of the red piece. I created a little bow from an extra piece of silver thread and added it to the top of the card.

All that is left it to stamp a sentiment on the inside and decorate the envelope and this Christmas Card is done.





No comments:

Post a Comment