Welcome to part 2 of my Technique Stamp Set Showdown special. Last Friday I showed you the two samples with the simple grey stamped background. Today we will have a closer look on the colored version of the set.
In both samples I started with the big flower set and some "Whisper" grey ink. The example in the top right corner I stamped the main image over the whole cardstock piece.
Remember I cut a couple of white cardstock pieces in the size of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I used these as my backgrounds and stamped different stamps from the set with different inks. I chose this size, so it would be exactly like your regular card base front. This way I can leave it complete or I can choose to cut it down.
In the example on the bottom left I stamped the image just twice. Ones in the middle of the top part and ones in the middle of the bottom part.
I then chose the smaller flower stamp and filled in the blank spots in example 1. I stamped example 2 only on each side of the big flower, leaving the middle open. Next I used a brush, a tin bit of water and my inks to color in the flowers. I used Sorbet, Blossom and Fern ink.
If you use just a little bit of water, you can color even on plain white cardstock.
Now I had two more background pieces done and the fun part was to figure out what to do with them.
Let's start with the piece that is completely covered with flowers. I cut a piece of white cardstock at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored it at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8". I folded both flaps to the middle and my gate fold card base was done. Next I trimmed my background paper down to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8". I used my rectangle die with a stitched border and placed it in the center of my background piece. I used a size smaller rectangle and cut another piece out of this one.
I covered the front flaps as well as the inside of these flaps with pieces of grey cardstock about 1/4" smaller than the flaps and adhered them to the front. I adhered foam tape to the frame and the small rectangle and covered the backside with a plain white opposite piece. I used both pieces to create my closing mechanism for this card. I adhered the frame to the left side of the cards (just half of the frame) and the small rectangle to the right side of the card, so that both pieces inter logged with each other. A little tag with "Best Wishes" finishes of the outside.
For the inside I placed a piece of grey cardstock in the middle, added the big background piece with foam tape to the center of the grey and stamped my phrase on a piece of white cardstock that fitted in the opening. A few rhinestones and this card was done.
For the last example I die-cut a decorative tag out of the center of my stamped background and cut the the edges of by about 1/4". I used a regular white card base where I cut off the front part leaving only 1/4" piece left.
I adhered a sheet of acetate to the 1/4" strip and placed a leftover piece of the background on top of it flush to the left side.
I covered the inside with a piece of pink cardstock. I cut a grey cardstock piece about 1/8" bigger than the die-cut background piece.
I stamped my phrase on the grey cardstock right in the middle of the matching cutout tag. I adhered each layer in the center on top of each other.
I closed the card and adhered the decorative tag back onto the acetate covering the phrase on the inside. To hide the adhesive, I cut another decorative tag from pink cardstock and place it on the inside of the acetate, right above the front piece. A little banner and "Best Wishes" finishing this card off.
I hope you liked this little excursion and I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment or feel free to contact me if you have questions about any of my cards, designs or techniques.
Stay tuned for more to come...