September 1, 2017

Technique: Stamping On Patterned Paper! - Part 2

Welcome back to "Stamping on patterned papers".... while I talked about the little more complicated card I made last Friday, today we will concentrate on a simple but also effective stamping technique.

I had to admit, it is hard to see, but both flower images had been stamped on patterned paper (3 1/2 x 4 1/4). This paper is a marbled kind of paper, so you have different shades of green (the second one is blue) in the background. It doesn't always have to be a strong design. Sometimes these kind of paper patterns work perfectly fine too :-)

First I used the green design paper and stamped my three flowers in black ink on it. The stamp set I used is one of the new Close to My Heart stamp sets called "Many Congratulations" (C1693) and contains beside these flowers some wonderful phrases for many occasions. 

Next I used my ZIG markers to color the flowers and stems in. You can use any coloring pens or pencils you have. I added a few pearl drops to the center of the flowers. Ones the drops were dry, I added a piece of ribbon to the bottom of the flower stems and secured it in the back. The bow is tied separately and added with a glue dot to the ribbon. I cut a piece of dark brown cardstock at 4 1/4 x 3 3/4 and adhered it behind the flower piece, leaving a strip of brown showing on the right and left side.

My card base is cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4 with the fold on top. I covered the front of the base in striped design paper and scored the front at 2 1/8. Make sure to use a bone folder and crease the fold so it stand up easliy. The brown piece is not adhered to the lower 2 1/8 of the fold we created, flush with the bottom and centered. (Easel Card)

















To insure the flowers will stand up, I adhered another piece of brown cardstock (4 x 5 1/4) to the inside of the card. Next I cut a strip of the striped paper and added it with foam dots to the lower part of the inside of the card. This will stop the card from folding together when opened. I added another strip with my phrase on it and a little white cardstock for a note. 

The card base here is a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 with the fold on top. I covered the front of the card with dark brown cardstock and placed another piece on the inside of the card.

The patterned paper (in this case green paper) is stamped and decorated like the first one, but was cut at 3 1/2 x 5 1/2. After the ribbon was adhered, I placed two small strips of gold foiled paper along each side before the piece was added in the center of the front panel.

I added the little phrase on a scalloped oval to the upper right corner.

For the inside, I chose to stamp some of the flowers in a lighter colored ink and added a matching phrase for my card.










I hope you will try this technique yourself and let me know what you think of it. Stay tuned for more to come and for our September Blog Hop. 



No comments:

Post a Comment