February 28, 2018

Chelsea Paper - Hang In There Card


Today we take a closer look at the second card we made in class. Again, we are using the beautiful Close to My Heart "Chelsea Gardens" paper pack X7230B and the cute "Chelsea Gardens" stamp set C1709.

The card base is a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card folded on the left. I used the small butterfly and vine design paper from the set and cut a piece measuring 4" x 3 1/2". 
Further I cut a strip of "Crystal Blue" cardstock at 3/4" x 4". The grey cardstock is cut at 2" x 4".
The little grey decorative strip you see on top is actually the border of one of the design papers that come in this set. 

In case you haven't noticed, all Close to My Heart design papers have a strip on the top for you to cut off. This strip shows on one side the name of the paper set and the colors that coordinate with it. On the other side it has a matching border that will work with the paper. So always make sure to check the border ;-)

The grey cardstock was embossed with the Close to My Heart  "Rose Embossing Folder" (Z3343).


Let's glue these pieces together shall we? I started with the biggest piece, the butterfly design paper. It is flush with the top of the card leaving a small edge on either side. 
Next I adhered the grey cardstock to the bottom of the card matching the distance on the sides with the top piece. 
I covered the part were the two papers meet with the blue strip (run through a scallop punch first) and the finished it of with the grey border.

For the phrase we used the "Hang in there" and stamped it on a strip of white cardstock, 2 1/2" x 3/4". I hand cut a little flag at the one and and added a little butterfly as decoration.

The bigger butterfly was stamped on a separate piece of white cardstock and was cut out. A few color pencils give this little guy more definition. Both items, the butterfly and the phrase are added with foam dots to the card. 

Sprinkle a few sequins around and add a nice saying on the inside and this card is done. If you would like to know more about these cards, products or my classes, please feel free to contact me. Stay tuned for more to come...  

No comments:

Post a Comment