March 7, 2018

Chelsea Paper - Happy Birthday Card


Card three from a set of four we created in February's class.
More of the beautiful Close to My Heart "Chelsea Gardens" (X7230B) design paper and more from the "Chelsea Gardens" (C1709) stamp set.

Today we are going to make a Birthday card. You will need the following items for this card:

- card base 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" fold on the left
- butterfly design paper 4" x 5 1/2"
- grey cardstock 3" x 4"
- white cardstock 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
- silver glitter paper 1/2" x 4"
- little scrap piece of white cardstock 



First I adhered the design paper flush with the top and bottom of my card base leaving a small edge on either site of the card. 

I stamped my phrase, leaves, flower and butterfly on the white cardstock using Charcoal, Fern and Glacier ink from Close to My Heart. I then adhered this piece in the center of the grey cardstock leaving an even space around all four sides.
I placed the piece with foam dots onto the front of my card, slightly to the top. Next I added the silver strip towards the bottom.
The butter fly was stamped onto the scrap piece of white cardstock and fuzzy cut with scissors. I used a blue and green colored pencil to color the butterfly just a bit. Another foam dot to the back and the butterfly was adhered to the corner of the grey piece. a few rhinestones giving the card a final touch.

Don't forget to decorate the inside of your card! For more information about this or any other card on my blog please contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment