June 27, 2018

Take Heart


This card base is cut from a sheet of white cardstock at 4 1/4" x 11" and folded in half.
The front is covered with a black piece of cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

I used a green sheet of design paper cut at 5 1/2" x 3" and stamped the three flowers from the Close to My Heart "Many Congratulations" (C1693) set on it. 

I colored the flowers in with some alcohol markers. 






Next I cut two strips of gold mirri gold cardstock at 5 1/2" x 1/4" and added them to the back of the green design paper. Just far enough so you have a small border of gold showing on each side of the piece.
The brown ribbon is a two part piece. The long piece is added to the green design paper. The whole assembly is then adhered with a good strong adhesive to the black front (in the center).







The ribbon is tied separately and adhered with two glue dots. I always adhere my bows with a glue dot on each side of the bow. This way the bow stays nice and straight on the card.

The "Take Heart" tag is stamped on a piece of white oval shaped cardstock. I matching scalloped edged oval is adhered with foam dots to the white and both are adhered with foam dots to the card.



For the inside of the card I stamped my phrase and one of the flowers in a light ink. 













No comments:

Post a Comment