February 13, 2019

Card Class Project January - 4/4

Last but not least, there is one more card from our card making class in January.

Happy Birthday … Celebrate



We always need birthday cards, right? I got this new stamp set called "Years of Sweetness" (D1827) and I thought the size of the lettering was just perfect for this card design. Nice big bold letters :-)
But before we go one, here is a little trick to get a perfect cut fin in double layered papers. First stamp the Happy Birthday on the white cardstock, then cut your fin out. Now adhere the white piece to the pink cardstock leaving a nice even boarder on the top, bottom and left side. Now you cut the fin into the pink paper. This will make sure you have a nice border around the double layered flag.

Again, we used strips of design paper and a piece pf peacock colored cardstock for the front. The Birthday sentiment on the front is raised with foam dots.

I used Glacier ink to stamp the outside and inside words, but when I was done, I didn't like it. It was to blanc...not enough contrast in my opinion. Well I could tried a different stamping technique but...hmm...well and then I got my hands on a really fine black pen (0.005). I randomly went around the bottom of each letter and voila this looks a lot better right?


I hope you liked these four projects from the month of January. February is on the way, so stay tuned for more Card Designs on Wednesday....Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment