March 22, 2019

Scrapbook Friday - Layout 2

Today I continue my quest to create more scrapbook layouts with the 5 design sheets I picked for this project. So let's see how many layout I can get out of these 5 sheets.


After we created the starting page last week, this week we concentrate one the second layout, a double page. I cut two strips of the sheet with the red design at 2" x 12", and four strips 1" x 12" of the paper with the little hearts. I also used two strips 1/2" x 12" of the Charcoal cardstock. 
Our Close to My Heart cardstock is two toned, meaning one side is a darker and the other a lighter hue of the color. I chose the light charcoal side so the color isn't to potent.

Material used for this layout:
- 2 sheets of white cardstock as my base
- 2 strips of the red design paper cut at 2"x12"
- 4 strips of the heart design paper cut at 1"x12"
- 2 strips of charcoal cardstock cut at 1/2"x12"

In order to make the strips a little bit more interesting I decided to cut a little triangle in the two bigger strips. 




This time I arranged my pictures a little bit different than I normally would do them. Placing them of set or overlapping sometimes goes against my nature :-) Yup, I like them straight and nice even spaces between them, but sometimes a little off is so much better.
On the left side all pictures were cut at 5" x 3 1/2". How you arrange them is up to you. all depending what your photos show. On the right side I cut the photos at 5" x 3 1/2" and the piece of cardstock (also charcoal lighter side up) at 5 1/2" x 4". This could be a place mat for some journaling or another picture. I still have room to embellish, but this will have to wait until all my photos are in place.


Here is a close up picture of the papers I used and the order how they are attached. The little hand drawn sketch is the one I used for this layout, but you know you can create so many different layouts with just the same paper cuts? Yes, the possibilities are endless. Here are just a few more variations:


 There are  more possibilities, but I think this gives you an idea how to use them in different way. Again this all comes back to the point what pictures you have and how many you want to use on your page. Before you start adhering your papers, make sure to lay them down on your cardstock, place you pictures on top and see what it looks like. Move them around and see if another positioning might fit better. I do this all the time and often I find a different one to fit better than the one I picked to begin with.

Last you might ask, why didn't you mat your pictures? Well, that is a good question and there is not really an answer too it. Yes, you can mat all your pictures, but is it necessary, No!
The beauty of laying all my papers and photos down and move them around before I adhere them, gives me an idea if I think my pictures need a mat. In this case here I thought they are fine without a mat. Sometimes a mat can take away from your pictures and other times it can make them stand out. So it is a personal preference and what pleases your eyes.

Reminder: These pages are not finished. Journaling and embellishments will be done ones the pictures are all placed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment