April 12, 2019

Scrapbook Friday - Layout 5



Today we make it a really easy layout. I picked the next set of pictures from our trip to Ottawa and kind off placed them on the cardstock I wanted to use. Remember last Friday's pages? I used the Close to My Heart cardstock "Bluebird" as my base. Today I picked "Lagoon" cardstock and I think they both work perfectly with the picture colors.
(So sorry about the picture quality today but my camera didn't pick up the color Lagoon quite right. I will try to get a better shot later.)

But back to the pictures: The left side of my layout came together pretty easy, 4 photos, 2 vertical and 2 horizontal but the right side was a bit tricky. Too many pictures but then, when I took a closer look at them, I had two that were almost identical and one that didn't really was a good shot.

Picture Size:
My pictures on the left side measure: 4" x 5 1/2" (2x) and 5 1/2" x 4" (2x)
My pictures on the right side measure: 3 1/2" x 5" , 4"x4" , 4"x4" and 4 1/2" x 3 1/2"




Placing the pictures on the "Lagoon" cardstock looked ok, but something was missing. One trick I often use when the page doesn't seem to come together, I use a neutral color as my page base (here white) and cut the colored cardstock (here Lagoon) down to 11"x11".
Instant framing and the pictures seem to be more centered. To give it a little extra pop I used a few stirpes of the design paper.

Papers used for this layout:
(2x)  White cardstock 12"x12"
(2x)  Lagoon cardstock 11"x11"
(2x)  Design Paper 1/2"x4"
(1x)  Design Paper 1/2"x8"
(1x)  Design Paper 3 1/2"x1/2"
(1x)  Design Paper 4"x1/2"

Now here is my final result for this double page layout. I told you it would be simple and easy. Like a friend of mine always points out, "Not every layout has to be a masterpiece" ;-) and she is right. To finish the sides off I need to do my journaling and this will be done later in making process. So stay tuned for more layouts and ideas ...



No comments:

Post a Comment