April 26, 2019

Scrapbook Friday - Layout 7

I am continuing scrapping pictures we took during our trip to Canada and so far I was able to create 6 different layout by using 5 sheets of design paper. This is how much paper I still have left:


Plenty paper left for a couple more layouts right? But this layout I am going to make today will use a different paper series... just to change thing up a bit ;-)

Material used for this layout:

- 2 sheets of "fern" cardstock from Close To My Heart
- 4 strips of grey design paper cut at 1/2"x12" from CTMH "Feels Like Home"
- 4 strips of dotted design paper cut at 1/2"x12" from CTMH "Feels Like Home"
- 2 squares of rose design paper cut at 3" from CTMH "Feels Like Home"

I used another sketch from the Close To My Heart design books/ workshop kits for this layout. Here is the sketch:



Let's start with the right side of this layout. My photos were just perfect for this sketch. They are cut true to the sketch at 3"x3" (2x), 3"x4" and 6"x4". I arranged them just like you see on the sketch.
For the left side I did a little change.
I swapped on "title" square for an extra photo. The top row of my photos is cut at 3" square, 3"x5" and 3"x4". The lower row pictures are both cut at 3" square.



I placed one of the rose design paper squares on each page instead of a journaling or embellishment square. But again even on this page I pretty much copied the sketch completely.



The original sketch called for one strip on each page on the bottom and top, but I felt it needed a little more, so I doubled the strips on either side.



I really like this layout a lot. It doesn't us a lot of special papers and it uses quite a few photos. It is also very easy to add extra pictures if you need to. Overall a simple but so versatile sketch. Try it yourself and see how many different versions you can make out of this one sketch. More layout ideas are on the way so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment