June 19, 2019

Card Class Project June - 2/4

Today we are looking a bit closer in card project two from my June classes. We all have leftover strips of paper laying around right? Yep, me too and some are just to cute to toss. This card is the perfect way to put some of them to good use.

I don't want to bore you with all the different sizes I used here, but all strips are between 3/4" and 1 1/4" wide and between 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" long. We cut each of them with a little fin on the bottom.

The background paper is cut from Close To My Heart cardstock "pewter" at 4"x 5 1/4". I added faux stitching around the edges with a black pen, but you could also use a die if you have one.
Before you adhere the cardstock to your card base adhere a piece of ribbon around it. I only used adhesive on each end of the ribbon so I could place my flags underneath the ribbon.



Ones the ribbon is on the grey paper adhere it to the front of your card. Now comes the hard part, arranging the flags in random order ;-) Yes, this can be difficult. I added three of them flat to the card and raised two with some thin foam dots.



I cut a 2" circle from white cardstock and added our little phrase from the Close To My Heart "Reset Button" (B1646) stamp set to it. This is a cute set and you can still get it, but not for much longer.
I added more faux stitching to the circle and raised it with foam dots too.

For the inside I used a simple "Thinking of You" stamp and a bit more doodling. Go give it a try and use up some of these paper strips you have laying around.




No comments:

Post a Comment