June 26, 2019

Card Class Project June - 3/4

This was our third card and today we are going to do some embossing. Close to My Heart introduced this new "Subway Tile Embossing Folder" (Z4055) which is one of my favorites. You can use it for bring imitation, tile, roof tile, walls etc.

I cut a piece of Smoothie cardstock at 4"x 4 1/4" and ran it through the embossing folder/ machine. I also cut a piece of green design paper and cut this at 4"x 1/1/2".

First we adhered the green paper leaving an even space around all three sides. The smoothie paper was adhered next and it will overlap the green one a bit. Make sure you have even spacing around the top too. To cover the seam I found long strips of kraft paper we had years ago. They had adhesive on the back and worked perfectly (4" long)

Next I cut a piece of kraft paper at 2 1/2"x 3 1/4" and added a piece of white cardstock to it which was cut about 1/4" smaller. I used a flower stamp with matching flowers to create the image seen here.



For the "Know that I care" stamp, this is a must have. I love this set since it makes it so easy to add wording that will stand out. I stamped it in black and cut around the edges so you are left with a nice crisp phrase. This stamp is from a set called "Wortfetti" (B1652) and is currently still available while supplies last. If you are a card maker, don't miss out on this one. You will love it!
Oh and I raised the phrase with some foam dots.

Last, we stamped the same flower bunch on the inside and added a little phrase to it. I hope you like this one too and give it a try.




No comments:

Post a Comment