October 2, 2019

Every Little Thing - Thank You Card

Here is our second card from my September Card Making Class:


For my card classes I always try to mix the sentiments and use those phrase that are in demand. We can always use a "Thank You" card, right? Here is another idea for a simple layout. Our Close To My Heart design papers are all two sided which gives you twice as much headache to pick the prettiest one LOL. Just kidding ;-) I love that I can pick an choose and that both designs always complement each other. I can't tell you how often my ladies just use the "other side" of the paper than I used in the sample card....perfectly fine and guess what? Yup, it still works.
So the new Julep colored green paper is perfect to complement the flower design. A few black strips of cardstock bring everything together.
The banner is cut from Wisteria cardstock and instead of a pointy fin we cut it more flat. Stamp the "Thank You" (Stamp of the Month) first, then cut the flat fin. I added a few black pen stripes around the edge. You can lief them off, but I think it give the card a more finished look.

The butterfly was stamped in black in and then cut with the matching die. Color pencils to make it more interesting and if you have one on hand, use your clear Shimmer Brush to add some sparkle. You don't have a shimmer brush? Well, you can go with it out. This brush adds just the right amount of settle glitter to a project. Clear is my favorite, but they also come in color...click here to see all colors.
The inside is black, well beside a few lines with a black pen around the edge of the card.

A big "Thank You" to Kristine Tanase who's card creations were an inspiration to these one I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment