August 14, 2020

Card Bundle No.2 - Part 2

Welcome to part 2 of the new card making bundle to create at home. I know making them at home does not make up for the group meetings we have, but right now this is the best we can do. So let's get crafting shall we?



This first card has a home made card base. I used a regular 8 1/2" x 11" piece of white card stock which you score at the short side at 4 1/4" and on the long side at 5 1/2". Your sheet now shows 4 rectangles. Place the short side to the top. Then you take a ruler and scoring tool and score a diagonal line in the top right one and the bottom left one so that the diagonal line meets the center of the four rectangles. Now cut the sheet in half by following along the diagonal scores.

The flower in this card is stamped with 3 different hues of rose. I fussy cut the flower and leaves and placed them on foam dots, but only on one triangle on the front, so you can open the card with no problem.

       

The next two cards have another interesting fold to them. The first one, I folded the top right corner over so it was flush with the left side of the card. The grey square measures 3"x3" and is placed in the middle of the fold. But before I adhered the square, I put a little adhesive behind the fold to keep it open and I added the design paper which is another square that folds over in the middle and adheres on the inside of the card as well. (See the inside pic below). Now I added my squares and the rest of the paper.

For the second card, I adheres a piece of designer paper to the front of my base. Then I cut two irregular pieces of peacock cardstock and placed them on top with foam dots. The white glitter paper finishes of the edges.

        

The "thinking of you" card is created from the stamp of the month set, which featured tag designs. I wanted to give the card a little bit more texture so I ran the yellow cardstock through my embossing machine. The green cardstock had on one side the white design and on the other side a matching clear embossing design. I cut this paper in a rectangle size first and then cut it again on a diagonal. I used one side with the clear embossing and one side with the white design.

Well this is it for part 2 of the new bundle. There is one more set of 4 coming so stay tuned for next weeks part 3 of this series. 



No comments:

Post a Comment