June 13, 2018

Butterfly Recovery

 Butterflies make a wonderful card to lift someone spirit. Combined with tangerine and yellow colors a perfect match.

I used a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base and adhered a piece of Close to My Heart "Tangerine" cardstock to the center (cut at 4" x 5 1/4").

The background is stamped on a piece of white cardstock measuring 3 3/4" x 5". I stamped the blocks in tangerine and lemon ink by Close to My Heart. To make it more interesting I used a doted stamp to create some extra texture (ink Almond)

The phrase on the outside and inside are from a retired Close to My Heart stamp set. I know, how can I used them if you can't get them anymore? Well, we all have so many set and I keep all my phrase set since you can never have enough of them, right? Sometimes I see a card and I love the stamp, but don't have it in my stack or can't get it anymore either. So what to do? Well I look through my stamps and see if I can find a similar one or one that I can use instead. I am sure you will find something too that works for you.

 The butterflies are punched out from a sheet of Close to My Heart "Basic Fundamental Paper Pack" (Z3353). This set of fundamentals is a really great one. Neutral colors and designs, perfect to go with colored cardstocks.

I adhered the butterflies with a glue dot. Two of the butterflies are cut out from silver mirri cardstock. 

I used a black pen to add some doodling and the little antennas.






No comments:

Post a Comment