August 21, 2020

Card Bundle No. 2 - Part 3

Here are the last 4 cards from the new card bundle I made for you to create at home. 

        

Let's start with the first card. This stamp set came with the Card Making Workshop "Seas the Day (G1200)" which is still available, but if you don't want the whole workshop (even so it is a fun one ;-) ), you can use any other set you have on hand too.
What is interesting on this card, I cut three stripes of cardstock in 1x sapphire blue and 2x mint. Close to My Heart cardstock has a darker and lighter side of color which is really great when you need just a little of difference in color. So I carefully ripped the sapphire piece along the top to expose the white core of the paper. Make sure it looks like waves when you pull the paper towards you. I then took the 2 mint pieces and flipped one over, giving me a lighter and darker hue of mint. I did the same thing here and ripped the top in a wavy motion of. First cover the front of your card with the design paper, then adhere all three starting with the darker mint, lighter mint and end with the sapphire. 

For the second card I used the "Mason Jar Bouquet (C1845)" stamp set to create the jar and the flowers. I was lucky to get the stamp set with the dies so jar and flowers are cut with the dies, but you can fuzzy cut them with no problem. The dies even cuts a small slit in the top of the jar so you can stick your flowers in and make the stems disappear in the back. The lace border was also cut with a dies. And can I tell you, this dies is really nice. It cuts super easy and cleans up just as easy too. It is called "Lace Border Thin Cuts (Z4060)".
The jar and flowers are both raised with some foam squares to give the card a bit more dimmention.



This was a simple card design and I added a little tag from the Tag stamp set we used earlier to the inside which can be used as a bookmark.

    

For our last card in the set, I made a sympathy card again. I used the same flower stamp set from previous cards here "A Million Little Things (D1925)" which is one of my favorites to use. I stamped my sentiment in dark grey on some lighter grey cardstock. Make sure to stamp it to the right so you have room to add your flower. The flower is stamped on white cardstock and matted with sugarplum pink. I do like the simplicity of this card. What do you think?
 
Last but not least a look into the insides of the cards. Always decorate your insides too and if you like, put something on your envelope as well. This is it for our second bundle of cards to make at home. 

Since we are still stuck at home I guess we will continue with bundle to make at home. I have planed to do two more set. One will be fall cards and this set will include 6 to make and the last bundle will be a Christmas Card set where you can create 12 unique Christmas cards at home. If you are interested to join the make at home crowed, contact me and see how you can get your set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment